viernes, marzo 12, 2010

FLISOL 2010: recruiting installers


FLISOL 2010 is around the corner, it's the 4th time Nicaragua participate in this event that is also taking place in all Latin America countries.

This year I'm been selected to coordinate the installers area, the most important part of the festival, so this is why I'm recruiting people who wants to participated installing GNU/Linux in strangers computers :-)

What are we gonna need:
  1. Experienced installers, don't need to be a monster... just a little bit.
  2. A lot of installation discs. (preferably the most popular distributions)
  3. 1 or 2 network repositories (Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora and openSuSE of course. Volunteers?)
If you would like to be part of the "Installers --Rock Stars-- Team" please post a command comment saying you will with name and e-mail.

Thanks.

Danm, I forgot the most important part.
  • Date: Sat, April 26th
  • Where: UNAN- Managua* (There's gonna be 3 others places Granada, León and Estelí)
*headquarters in Managua is not yet confirmed

15 comentarios:

meztafari dijo...

Oe Marconi!
Quien estara a cargo en Esteli?

Mandame alguna info..

Saludos

Unknown dijo...

Hey Bro! Te vas a (apintar) apuntar con la sede de Estelí?

Revisando la última acta de reunión me doy cuenta que la tercera sede esta entre Estelí y León.

Peace.

Unknown dijo...

I have installed apt-cacher-ng in my laptop with a pretty decent cache in 32 and 64 bits of Ubuntu 9.10... if needed it can be used with Debian too.

Unknown dijo...

Sadly Ubuntu 10.04 is lunched until April 29 according to Wikipedia.

So we need to decide about what version are we going to use.

Unknown dijo...

Yes, it's sad... but I vote to use Ubuntu 9.10 instead of Ubuntu 10.04 RC because is more stable and tested...

Anónimo dijo...

+1

joe74 at fedoraproject.org

Unknown dijo...

@teoten: What about Fedora? I had heard about some hw problems specially with network. Do you have it under control?

We need a openSuSE user. Decks?

Anónimo dijo...

nope... no hw problems in Fedora 12. What you heard may be related to Fedora 13 Alpha.

Unknown dijo...

@teoten: what would you need to build a Fedora 12 local repository?

Anónimo dijo...

@Marconi: Fedora Nicaragua already has an up to date repo with free and non-free packages. If you mean requirements, there'll be none.

I just have to ask Neville to have this repo available for FLISOL 2010. I guess it won't be a problem at all.

Guillermo Morales dijo...

paso Marconi, loco me apunto al area de instalacion.

Unknown dijo...

Oe me apunto al area de instalacion.

Unknown dijo...

oe se me olvidaba en la cede de aca de Managua me apunto, en el install fest si.

Unknown dijo...

Hola me gustaria ser parte del equipo de instalación, el año pasado participe en el SFD, mi mail es armonge@gmail.com

Alkpone dijo...

Hola, Marconi Soy Alfonso Miranda, actualmente tengo un par de proyectos con Cloud Computing que me gustaria presentarte, y que puedan participar en tus proyectos de FLISOl en Nicaragua. He intentado localizarte anteriormente.

Espero saber de ti. ASAP.
Saludos
Alfonso
alfonso.miranda@gmail.com